WorkSafe BC Occupational First Aid Level 1 / Transportation Endorsement Instructor Course
This 40 hour course will cover WorkSafe BC Occupational First Aid Level One and Transportation Endorsement regulated training. You will learn how to:
- apply adult learning theory in the development of lessons plans
- facilitate training sessions (both theory and practical applications),
- develop classroom management and instructional techniques
- evaluate students utilizing provided assessment tools
- demonstrate first aid skills and deliver presentations
A 3 year certification will be issued upon successful completion of all training and mentoring sessions.
Please complete the Instructor School Application and submit it, along with a copy of your resume and all pertinent first aid and teaching certifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptance to Instructor Training is subject to approval by HeartSafe’s Director of Education.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 3 certificate.
- Must attend as a participant both an Occupational First Aid Level 1 and TE course prior to the Instructor's course.
- Prior instructional experience preferred but not required.