At HeartSafe Emergency Medical Solutions Ltd and HeartSafe EMS Paramedic Training Ltd, (HeartSafe EMS), your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in the footer of every page of our website, and at points where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Collection of Personal Information
At HeartSafe EMS, your personal information is collected for the purposes of registering for our courses or your request for further information. We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, enter information on our site, call us or visit us in person to register or inquire about our services.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details to help you register for your requested course(s).
If you contact us by phone, e-mail, Linkedin, social media (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from you (as outlined above) in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions and orders.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests, via email or phone.
- To send important emails regarding your order or other products and services, such as order receipts, service announcements, as well as payment reminders.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. You have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter emails at any time.
Removal of Personal Information
To comply with GDPR requirements, you may request to remove your personal information. All your personal and contact information will be removed, and replaced by a unaminous profile. While your order will remain, it will no longer contain your personal or contact information. Please contact us by phone or email to submit a request for Removal of Personal Information.
Confidentiality and Security
We take our clients information and security very seriously at HeartSafe EMS. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We do not store any financial or credit card information.
Your IP Address
For security purposes, HeartSafe EMS does collect and store your IP Address when you signup, place an order, or visit our website. This information is solely used for our internal security. Such information would only be shared as required by the extent of Canadian or U.S. law.
Your IP address used to access the site, may also be logged or masked along with the dates and times of access by Google Analytics. This information is not shared and purely used to analyze trends, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of HeartSafe EMS and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Do Not Track Signals
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
The CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, and establishes requirements for commercial messages. It also gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred (from which you can easily unsubscribe).
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT to use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses,
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Contact us and ask to be removed from our email lists. Please note that emails related to your order (such as payment or renewal reminders) are necessary to conduct business with you.
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from ALLmarketing or promotional correspondence.
Indemnity and Liability
While we take every precaution for our client’s information, we cannot be held liable for any breeches of security beyond our control. By use of this website, you understand the risks of providing such personal information, and claim complete indemnity on our behalf.
Copyright and Use of this Statement
Changes to this Statement
The contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at our discretion.